Although Giving Tuesday has now passed, we are still riding high watching the U.S. kick-a** by raising over 511 million dollars this year. A 28% increase from Giving Tuesday in 2018, which at that time had a shocking increase of 45% since Giving Tuesday in 2017. Rock on America.
If you were still digesting Thanksgiving dinner or under your blankets hiding from the cold, and you missed your opportunity to partake in Giving Tuesday, do not fear! You do not have to wait a full 365 days to give back.
Facebook already did its duty in matching $7,000,000 in donations on Giving Tuesday, but luckily, there are still plenty of companies that are looking to give back along with you for the remainder of the month. Tis' the season to be jolly (and generous), so check out these awesome opportunities below:
A small company called Amazon has a lot going on
- It doesn’t get any easier than this. Participate in “Toys for Tots” and donate a reasonably priced item from the Toys for Tots Charity List through your Amazon Alexa. In less than 60 seconds you can simply say “Alexa, donate to Toys for Tots”; from there you will be asked to confirm the item, and Amazon will have it shipped directly to Toys for Tots. Customers will be able to donate throughout the holiday season until Dec. 31st, and Amazon will match donations toy for toy. For more information, please visit amazon.com/toysfortotsdonate.
- Prefer to make a monetary donation instead? No problem! Just tell Alexa, “Alexa, I want to make a donation” and she will assist you throughout the process.
- Have things you need to buy during the holiday season? Give back while you are doing so! Simply visit smile.amazon.com. When you start there, you’ll find the same Amazon experience, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible products to a charity of your choice.
- Curious which Charities could use help this holiday season? Charity Lists give charitable organizations an easy way to create wish lists for needed products, while providing a convenient way for customers to donate these essential items directly to the causes. Customers are able to contribute items to charities they care about, no matter how big or small. To view the thousands of Charity Lists, visit amazon.com/charitylists, with new charities joining all the time.
Sip on Starbucks while supporting some great causes
- When patrons give to Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, United Way, and Feeding America through the Starbucks website, The Starbucks Foundation will match up to $200,000 for each organization.
Get outdoors and give back with Patagonia
- Between Nov. 29 - Dec. 31, Patagonia will match up to $10,000 per donation, to organizations that are part of its Patagonia Action Works, until they’ve reached a maximum match of $10,000,000. Join PAW in working to find solutions to the environmental crisis.
Be your best with Gillette
- From Nov. 11 – Dec. 31, Gillette customers will have an opportunity to support male youth in being their personal best by donating $1, $3 or $5 to Boys & Girls Clubs of America on Gillette.com.
Movember it up with Mastercard and Topgolf!
- To help reach Movember's$1 Million GivingTuesday goal, Mastercard and Topgolf are providing an additional incentive. Each time you donate $10 or more on us.Movember.com using a valid Mastercard, Mastercard will give $10 to Movember, up to US $150,000, and Topgolf will give you a $10 play voucher. This offer ends on Dec. 31st or when the maximum $150,000 giving amount is reached.
Donate your dining points with OpenTable
- Beginning on GivingTuesday, OpenTable diners have the option of donating their dining points to help connect children living with hunger to the food they need. Every 100 points donated can provide a child in need with up to five healthy meals via No Kid Hungry. The campaign will last through Dec. 16th, and OpenTable has committed to match donations up to 250,000 meals to deepen the impact of this effort.
Be a bookworm the next time you dine at Pizza Hut
- In its 35th year advocating for childhood literacy, Pizza Hut and literacy partner First Book have yet another holiday fundraiser taking place. Beginning on GivingTuesday through Dec. 31st add a First Book donation to your Pizza Hut order or purchase the First Book Bundle at Pizza Hut, where $1 from every bundle purchased will be donated to First Book.
Peloton might be in some hot water, but they are still doing good!
- Starting on GivingTuesday, Peloton will offer a special “Move for More” collection of 10-minute and 15-minute classes which will be available live and on-demand across the company's platforms. Any individual who participates in three or more Move for More classes by December 19 will unlock a $5 donation from Peloton to Action for Healthy Kids up to $75,000.
Powered by Professionals has the experience and expertise to help your nonprofit create a fundraising strategy that ranges from taking advantage of corporate matching opportunities to organizing your year-end appeal and finding the right grant applications for your organization. Not only can we help you plan your annual charity gala or awareness walk but we can also help you find ways to encourage your donors to support you year-round.